Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Heikens <ro...@kpn-is.nl> on 2006/06/01 07:22:56 UTC

RE: variable in a variable

Hi,

> But are you sure you need all those parameters?
Yes.

> Do they all represent different types of item?
Yes, they all are different codes (numbers) which are used in different
paths in the testplan. Not one is the same.

> If they represent different instances of the same type of item, it is
likely that the testplan can be refactored to use fewer parameters.
Not possible (at least that is my vision), it actually becomes more and
more (unique parameters) in the future.

Thanks for your help, I will think something out. Probably by making a
copy of the parameters in excel, or only use them in excel and export
them in csv too.

Regards,

Rob Heikens

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Might be worth investigating if you can use CSV DataSet in conjunction
with the Switch Controller.

Each row in the CSV Data Set would contain a path number, plus all the
parameters needed by that path. Use the path number in the Switch
Controller to select the path; each path then uses the variables
(P1...PN, say) as required.

I think the BeanShell function could do the nested variable processing.
But first I'd try to eliminate the unique variables - unless they are
needed at the same time in the same thread, they can potentially be
shared.