Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Yang Shi <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/08 18:24:20 UTC

[RFC] MXNet website - Global Search Feature

Hello MXNet Community,

As you may know, MXNet website is currently undergoing some new features development, and one of the upcoming features would be global search. It is implemented as a search bar attached to the main navigation bar accessible on all main information page. It enables users to search any information of the whole website in any given version. For more information, please see project proposal under GitHub Issue <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/18234>.

A prototype of this feature has been set up on MXNet Global Search Prototype Preview <http://ec2-34-219-134-42.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/> for users to experiment and share feedbacks, please feel free to take a look and leave any comments under GitHub issue <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/18234>. Your feedback is very important for us to better understand the requirements and make this feature prefect.

How to search ( currently available on master and 1.6 version ):
Land on any information page (not API doc), click the search icon on top right of the page
A search bar with a version select dropdown shows up, select the target version and type in any information you want to search in that specific version
See search result, clicking on any link will leave the prototype preview website and redirect to target page of MXNet website

Thanks,
Yang Shi

Re: [RFC] MXNet website - Global Search Feature

Posted by Yang Shi <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marco,

Sorry for the late reply.
Now global search is available on both mobile/tablet and laptop, please feel free to take a try. The link is the same one as above (http://ec2-34-219-134-42.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/).

Best,
Yang

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yang. Being able to search content is very important for the
documentation site.

I played around it on my laptop. Looks exciting and so helpful. For
example, I tried to search a tutorial for how to deploy on mobile and
result directly took me to a tutorial.

As Marco pointed out, search is not visible on Mobile site.

Looking forward to getting this feature for MXNet users. Thanks.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,