Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hanusch, Hartwig" <Ha...@fja.com> on 2000/12/15 09:50:56 UTC

error in HttpSessionFacade when working with Apache/Tomcat 3.2

Hi there,

does anybody know why a servlet works fine with tomcat only (port 8080)
but when using apache/tomcat via jk_mod (or old jserv) the servlet throws
an error like that:

java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.
		HttpSessionFacade.getId(HttpSessionFacade.java:114)

the calling code looks that way:

session is hash of sessions

for (Iterator i = sessions.iterator(); i.hasNext(); )
{
	HttpSession theHttpSession = (HttpSession) i.next();
	String sid = theHttpSession.getId();		<---- problem,
calling HttpSessionFacade ....
	if (loginObj.hasContentSessionRelatedBlaSession(sid) != true)
	{
		tmpVec.add(theHttpSession);
	}
}

Could that be a configuration error? Doesnt seems like?! Any ideas?
When looking at the HttpSession the stored session in memory seem to mix up!

Happy to here from anybody
Cheers Hartwig

Re: error in HttpSessionFacade when working with Apache/Tomcat 3.2

Posted by Sean Kroah <se...@wirex.com>.
I am seeing a similar problem, but it is not related to mod_jk. Occassionaly  I
try to access my Session I get this NullPointerException from
HttpSessionFacade, which is just
trying to access the Session object. The code runs fine under Tomcat 3.1. Mind
you I still think it's my code that is the  problem, a deadlock. It would be
nice if a more meaningful exception could be thrown from these facade classes.
This is the third time someone has pointed out that HttpSessionFacade is
throwing a NPE and they are all in very different circumstance. Maybe i'll dig
some more through the Tomcat code to figure it out.

A quick fix for you would probably be to go back to a 3.1 release, if that's
acceptable....

Sean Kroah

--
Sean Kroah                                T:503.222.9660
                                          F:503.241.5682