Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Olano, Ever" <oe...@cybersource.com> on 2005/11/17 20:45:07 UTC

WS-Security 1.1

Hello.  I just joined the mailing list so pardon me if this has been
asked before.  I could not find a search button on the mailing list
archives.  I'll also go through the past posts but if there's anyone who
wouldn't mind answering this (again) now, I'd be really grateful.
Actually, it's a group of questions.

Does anyone know when the new version of the standard (1.1) might be
"approved" as an OASIS standard?  I can see that they're now considering
the current drafts for promotion to "Committee Specification", which is
one step away (or actually, they say, promotion to committee spec and to
standard may be simultaneous) from OASIS standard.  How much longer do
you think before we see the new 1.1 standard?

Also, is WSS4J ready for 1.1?  Is the dev team taking some steps now to
gradually incorporate the 1.1 changes?  How long do you think after 1.1
comes out before WSS4J becomes 1.1-compliant?  Hope you don't mind my
asking.  I just want to have an idea.  I don't mean to place any demands
on you, guys.  It's been working great so far.  Kudos to everyone
involved!

Thanks,

Ever

Re: WS-Security 1.1

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
There has been a slight delay to the promotion to Committee Specification --
they found a few typos in some of the examples in the specs, so they have to
edit them and restart the process. I suspect that will delay things for
about a month. Once the specs are approved as Committee Specs, I expect the
TC to submit them for ratification as soon as possible, and then it will
take another 45 days or so before they can become ratified, assuming no one
raises issues that require a fix.

Anne

Re: WS-Security 1.1

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.

Re: WS-Security 1.1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200511/msg00100.html for
the details. all deliberations are publicly archived
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/)

-- dims

Re: WS-Security 1.1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.