Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/13 13:49:24 UTC

discuss: do a nifi 1.15.1 release to eliminate log4shell concern

Team

We still dont think we are vulnerable but this now highly risky library is
present.  We have PRs to eliminate it/main is fixed.   I think we should do
a 24 hour 1.15.1 release/vote for it.   It will eliminate concerns for
users.   We are frankly pretty close to a 1.16 release at this point as
well it seems but can circle back.

Any different views on 1.15.1?

Thanks

Re: discuss: do a nifi 1.15.1 release to eliminate log4shell concern

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Team

The support/nifi-1.15 branch has all we need to kick off a 1.15.3
release I believe with the exception of a hive/snappy thing we should
try to fix.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12351203

Might go on without that though tomorrow if necessary.

Thanks

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Team,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.