Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Black, Douglas" <Do...@osumc.edu> on 2017/09/14 17:16:57 UTC

Issue with password keystore in M13

Hello,

I upgraded from M12 to M13 yesterday on a Windows 8.1 system, and DIRSTUDIO-1130 ("password from keystore not used") issue is indeed fixed -- sort of.
 It now uses the previously configured password keystore properly, meaning that I no longer have to re-authenticate to the LDAP source every few minutes, but if I attempt to
view the settings of the password keystore (Preferences > Apache Directory Studio > Connections > Passwords Keystore) I get this error:

"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream cannot be cast to java.io.FileInputStream"

... meaning that I can't change the master password for the passwords keystore, nor can I turn this feature off.

If I launch the program as an administrative user (Run as Other User > [local administrator account]) I can configure this, but of course that means I must always launch the program this way.  Is this behavior intended?

I also tried a fresh install on a Windows 10 system.  There, selecting Connections > Password Keystore does not throw an error, but it doesn't save the settings.  If I check the box for "store connection passwords in a password-protected keystore", enter a password and click OK,  when I go back into that menu item, the checkbox is unchecked.  Launching the program as an admin user does not help.

Has anyone else experienced this?  What details can I provide to help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks,

Doug Black
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

Re: Issue with password keystore in M13

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Doug,

I suggest you fill a JIRA with your findings. IMO, this is a bug.

In any case, thanks for your report !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com