Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch> on 2000/03/22 20:50:10 UTC

FO2PDFSerializer

Hi everybody

Here's the FO2PDFSerializer.java I've written as I said a few days ago.
It was fairly easy to write it. The only problem was getting the SAX 2
interface a serializer had to conform to mapped onto the SAX 1 interface
of the FOP DocumentHandler.

I've tested it with the FO samples of the Cocoon 1.x dist. A modified
cocoon.xml configuration file is also attached to this mail.

Can some of the commiter test it and put it into CVS? Would be great.

Giacomo

--
PWR Organisation & Entwicklung            Tel:   +41 (0)1 856 2202
Giacomo Pati                              Fax:   +41 (0)1 856 2201

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> > > Did you use the org.apache.cocoon.xml.util.DocumentHandlerWrapper class?
> >
> > Thank you for the hint. No, I wasn't aware of such a class. Sure I will
> > rewrite the FO2PDFSerializer with that wrapper.
>
> doesn't FOP have direct SAX support?

I've only found a SAX 1 interface!? I ask Fotis on the FOP-list.

Giacomo

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> > > doesn't FOP have direct SAX support?
> >
> > Yes... SAX1 right now, that's why you need to use the
> > DocumentHandlerWrapper (SAX1->SAX2)... It's not the DOMBuilder :)
>
> That's what I thought. So I dont have to ask Fotis :-)

That was the situation as James Tauber described me at XTECH...

	Pier
<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everybody
> > >
> > > Here's the FO2PDFSerializer.java I've written as I said a few days ago.
> > > It was fairly easy to write it. The only problem was getting the SAX 2
> > > interface a serializer had to conform to mapped onto the SAX 1 interface
> > > of the FOP DocumentHandler.
> >
> > Did you use the org.apache.cocoon.xml.util.DocumentHandlerWrapper class?
>
> Thank you for the hint. No, I wasn't aware of such a class. Sure I will
> rewrite the FO2PDFSerializer with that wrapper.

doesn't FOP have direct SAX support?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I'm proposing Giacomo for CVS commit access. Ok, people, anybody against
> this?

I'm saying -1 because I don't like his name... He still misses Aldo and
Giovanni :) :) :)

Sorry, Italian jokes... (and I'm of course +1)

Re: FO2PDFSerializer

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Here's the FO2PDFSerializer.java I've written as I said a few days ago.
> It was fairly easy to write it. The only problem was getting the SAX 2
> interface a serializer had to conform to mapped onto the SAX 1 interface
> of the FOP DocumentHandler.
>
> I've tested it with the FO samples of the Cocoon 1.x dist. A modified
> cocoon.xml configuration file is also attached to this mail.
>
> Can some of the commiter test it and put it into CVS? Would be great.

How about doing it yourself?

I'm proposing Giacomo for CVS commit access. Ok, people, anybody against
this?

Place your vote!

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.