Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/10 19:23:37 UTC

Nightly download server performance issues

Greetings,

I have had minimal success attempting to download a nightly Tuscany SCA, SDO, or DAS build using the links provided on the Tuscany web site. I presume the Apache vmbuild.apache.org server just cannot handle the load. I noticed that the Apache vmbuild1.apache.org server is now available that includes a Tuscany placeholder. Please either: 1. remove the downloads page 2. improve the performance of the current vmbuild server or 3. migrate the builds to the new vmbuild1.apache.org server. The current arrangement for downloading nightly builds is quite frustrating.

Regards,

- Ron

Re: Nightly download server performance issues

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron

   I'm working with Apache Infra to migrate the builds to vmbuild1,
and also checking the possibility to copy the distributions to
people.apache.org. This should solve the performance issues, as well
as allow us to still have the latest sucessful nightly build stored,
in case of any build failure. I'll send more updates on the next
couple days, when more progress is done on this.

On 8/10/07, Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have had minimal success attempting to download a nightly Tuscany SCA, SDO, or DAS build using the links provided on the Tuscany web site. I presume the Apache vmbuild.apache.org server just cannot handle the load. I noticed that the Apache vmbuild1.apache.org server is now available that includes a Tuscany placeholder. Please either: 1. remove the downloads page 2. improve the performance of the current vmbuild server or 3. migrate the builds to the new vmbuild1.apache.org server. The current arrangement for downloading nightly builds is quite frustrating.
>

> Regards,
>
> - Ron

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer