Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Jianfeng Mao <ji...@deephaven.io> on 2022/12/05 17:30:03 UTC

[ADBC, Python-binding] self-introduction and questions

Hi,

My name is Jianfeng Mao and I work at Deephaven Data Labs as a software
developer mostly on Deephaven/Python integration. We are a data platform
focusing on streaming and real time data processing and we have fully
embraced Arrow in our products.  Currently I am working on a native Python
solution for Deephaven and relational database integration and made aware
by other team members of the ADBC project. ADBC certainly appears to be a
much better choice than Turbodbc which I am trying to develop a prototype
of the solution with. Since ADBC isn't quite released yet, may I ask what's
the timeframe for its beta test? We'd love to participate in it. Also is a
Python-binding of ADBC already planned? If so, what's the rough estimate of
its availability? Again we'd love to contribute to the project as much as
we can and we are really excited about it.

Best,
Jianfeng

Re: [ADBC, Python-binding] self-introduction and questions

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
Hi Jianfeng,

I am actively working on the release process. I hope to have an actual release this month.

Python bindings already exist. You can find nightly wheels here [1]. These are NOT official Apache releases and are for developer use only.

Note, there is not yet an ADBC-ODBC adapter. My plan is to recycle turbodbc or a similar project, but I don't have the time to do so right now.

[1]: https://gemfury.com/arrow-adbc-nightlies

Best,
David