Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by JeroenM <je...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/19 16:30:09 UTC

FOP Errors when using attribute sets

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I was working on a FO transformation which worked fine. Today FOP
gives me a hard time nagging about non existing attribute sets (which DO
exists in the SAME xsl:FO). What am I missing here? I didn't make any
changes to the XSL:FO.

while running FOP I get the following error

ERROR:  'Attempting to use non-existing attribute set 'hyperlink-small'

If you look at my stylesheet, you can see that the attribute set DOES exist

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22102963/report.xsl report.xsl

Any help would be much appreciated

RE: FOP Errors when using attribute sets

Posted by JeroenM <je...@hotmail.com>.

Amick, Eric wrote:

> Attribute sets are top-level elements in XSLT; you need to move the
> definitions before the template rule.

You're right. I put the definitions on top in the XSL, before the template
match. FOP however stills keeps nagging about missing attribute sets

Re: FOP Errors when using attribute sets

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Not FOP is nagging. Your XSLT processor is. attribute-sets are an XSLT
feature. It may only appear as if FOP is complaining, but FOP may only
be relaying the error messages from the XSLT processor. Something in
your stylesheet is still wrong.

On 20.02.2009 08:15:12 JeroenM wrote:

> Amick, Eric wrote:
> >
> > Attribute sets are top-level elements in XSLT; you need to move the
> > definitions before the template rule.
> >

> > Eric Amick
> > Legislative Computer Systems
> > Office of the Clerk
> >
> Thanks Eric,
>
> You're right. I put the definitions on top (before the template match).
> However FOP still keeps nagging about the missing attribute-set

Jeremias Maerki

RE: FOP Errors when using attribute sets

Posted by JeroenM <je...@hotmail.com>.

JeroenM wrote:

> You're right. I put the definitions on top (before the template match).
> However FOP still keeps nagging about the missing attribute-set

I found my problem :-).. It wasn't the attribute set at all.. In my XSL I
have a few test like <xsl:if test="string-length(//Geboorte/gwb:Datum) >
1">.. For some reason (I need to find out) the returned document (retrieved
from Oracle) encodes > as &gt; which makes the XSL completely useless

RE: FOP Errors when using attribute sets

Posted by JeroenM <je...@hotmail.com>.