Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com> on 2008/11/14 15:37:38 UTC

Newbie IMG question

I am using Wicket 1.4-rc1 (I also tried 1.3.5). I have a very simple
application with a very simple IMG tag:

img src="whi-06sliced_02.gif"

In the browser, the image does not display and the page source looks like
this:

img src="../whi-06sliced_02.gif"

>From all of the documentation I've read, this does not seem to be the
correct behavior.  I've tried locating the image everywhere I can think of,
without success.  I think the image should be in the same folder (or a
sub-folder) of the Java and HTML for the page.  Is this correct?  How do I
get the relative path to be properly set?

Here is my web.xml:

<filter>
	<filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
	<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
		<param-value>com.whisolutions.pss.web.NexPartPS</param-value>
	</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
	<filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
	<url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Here is the code:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/ServerCode.java ServerCode.java
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/ServerCode.html ServerCode.html
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/NexPartPS.java NexPartPS.java

I'm using Maven for the Wicket dependency:

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
	<artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
	<version>1.4-rc1</version>
</dependency>

Re: Newbie IMG question

Posted by jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com>.
This was exactly the information I needed.   It worked.  Thank you.

RE: Newbie IMG question

Posted by "Caristi, Joe" <jc...@whisolutions.com>.
Hello Martijn:

Thank you for your prompt reply.  This was exactly what I needed.  I did purchase your Wicket in Action book and I started reading it yesterday.  The book is great!  I also appreciate the high quality sample application, which will be very helpful as I begin to create my own applications.

Regards,

Joe Caristi

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:37 PM, jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com> wrote:

> I am using Wicket 1.4-rc1 (I also tried 1.3.5). I have a very simple
> application with a very simple IMG tag:
>
> img src="whi-06sliced_02.gif"
>
> In the browser, the image does not display and the page source looks like
> this:
>
> img src="../whi-06sliced_02.gif"
>
> From all of the documentation I've read, this does not seem to be the
> correct behavior.  I've tried locating the image everywhere I can think of,
> without success.  I think the image should be in the same folder (or a
> sub-folder) of the Java and HTML for the page.  Is this correct?  How do I
> get the relative path to be properly set?
>
> Here is my web.xml:
>
> <filter>
>        <filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
>        <filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
>        <init-param>
>                <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
>                <param-value>com.whisolutions.pss.web.NexPartPS</param-value>
>        </init-param>
> </filter>
> <filter-mapping>
>        <filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
>        <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
> </filter-mapping>
>
> Here is the code:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/ServerCode.java ServerCode.java
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/ServerCode.html ServerCode.html
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20501647/NexPartPS.java NexPartPS.java
>
> I'm using Maven for the Wicket dependency:
>
> <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
>        <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
>        <version>1.4-rc1</version>
> </dependency>

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify WHI Solutions immediately at gc@whisolutions.com,

Re: Newbie IMG question

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.