Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Judy Dobry <Ju...@ucop.edu> on 2003/05/22 20:44:15 UTC

Classpath cannot be found by AIX and IBM java

Hi,

I have been running a number of Ant scripts on a Windows 2000 machine
with  Sun's jdk1.3.1_02.  Now I'd like to run these scripts on an AIX
machine running IBM's jdk1.3.  When I do this, Ant is unable to locate the
files in the classpath.

I have put the classpath information both in the classpath environment
variable and in the appropriate Ant variables.  As an example, here are
some snippets of Ant code that works in Windows but do not work on AIX.

  <target name="init" depends="setProps">
     <path id="build.path">
       <pathelement location="${outclassdir}" />
       <pathelement location="${maindir}/jars/oro.jar" />
       <pathelement location="${maindir}/jars/jconn2.jar" />
     </path>

   </target>

<target name="compile" depends="init">
     <javac  destdir="${outclassdir}">
       <classpath refid="build.path"/>
       <src path="."/>
       <src path="..\..\util"/>
       <src path="..\util" />
       <src path="..\build"/>
     </javac>
   </target>

<target name="expand" depends="compile" >
    <java classname="edu.ucop.pathways.build.ExpandedJsps"
            fork="true"
            failonerror="true"

          <arg line="${configfile}"/>
          <classpath>
            <path refid="build.path"/>
          </classpath>
     </java>
   </target>

Any help on is much appreciated.

Judy Dobry

Re: Classpath cannot be found by AIX and IBM java

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 22 May 2003, Judy Dobry <Ju...@ucop.edu> wrote:

> here are some snippets of Ant code that works in Windows but do not
> work on AIX.

Could you please send the -verbose output of Ant?

Stefan

Re: Classpath cannot be found by AIX and IBM java

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>.
Is it possible that the exact names upper/lower case of your jar files is
slightly different on AIX as compared to Windows ?
for instance, ant/javac might not recognize Jconn2.jar called jconn2.jar or
your directory jars is maybe actually Jars or something of that kind.
With the available task, you can check whether ant (Java) can find a
particular file.
You should not need to put jar files in your classpath before starting ant -
if you correctly reference the classpath in the javac task, which you seem
to be doing.
You might also want to insert an <echoproperties/> task in your build file
to check whether your properties are set the way you expect them to be set.
You can also try to add fork="true" on your javac task to see if it helps.
Antoine