Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kunaal <ku...@riskdecisions.com> on 2006/07/28 12:05:09 UTC

Tomahawk Tree2 Problem

I have created a client-side Tomahawk Tree2 component which works and
displays correctly. The only problem is when i select an item node in the
tree (a commandLink component), it refreshs the tree before displaying the
item. My debugging shows the data is re-collected via the backing bean and
then session bean.

I wish to have hundreds and potentially thousands of children in the Tree,
and when i have these children, it takes several minutes to refresh the tree
eventhough i don't want to refresh the tree just display the selected item.

I have tried using HTML Frames to display the selected node in a different
frame but it still refreshs the Tree data and then displays the selected
item in the other frame.

Does anyone know a way of preventing the tree refreshing when the item is
selected. Is it possibly an error in the Tree Component???
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

RE: Tomahawk Tree2 Problem

Posted by Tom Serru <to...@staff.certipost.be>.
Hi,

We also tried to use the Tree2 component, and also had some problems. As I
can remember we had a problem with both the server and client side tree. The
tree also had some functionality missing that we needed (ex. an expandable
info panel for each node). The only solution for us was to write our own

RE: Tomahawk Tree2 Problem

Posted by Kunaal <ku...@riskdecisions.com>.
Hi Eivind,
Unfortunately this link has not quite been what i require. It will be useful
though later down the line for me.
Has anyone else used a Tomahawk Tree2 component???
If so, are you experiencing the same problem as me, i.e. Click on a node to
be displayed and it refreshs the whole tree2 component data first.

This will be useful to know because it may mean theres problem with the
component

Thanks in advance the help.
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.