Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yueyu Fu <yu...@patrec.com> on 2011/02/16 22:16:55 UTC

create additional secondary index

Hi,

I'm trying to add a new secondary index on a CF which already have a secondary index by calling "update column family".

But the CF was left with just the new secondary index and the old index disappeared. AFAIK, the only way to keep both indices was to include the old secondary index in the update command.

Is this the desired way to add more secondary indices?

Thanks,
Yueyu

Re: create additional secondary index

Posted by buddhasystem <po...@bnl.gov>.
I sidestep this problem by using a Python script (pycassa-based) where I
configure my CFs. This way, it's reproducible and documented.

Re: create additional secondary index

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that is a known weakness of the current cli interface to column_metadata.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra