Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/10 18:57:05 UTC

Add a messageSummary attribute to various converter and validator

Hello all,

Currently, most converters and validators allow a *MessageDetail attribute
to specify the detail message to use when a conversion/validation error
occurs. However, we cannot set the message summary that way which is very
bad, especially for the validateRegExp validator that use "Value does not
match pattern.". That message leaves most end users puzzled and you cannot
really overload the message in a generic enough way to fit all the
possibilities of validateRegExp. Therefore, I would like to add a
*MessageSummary attribute to all converters and validators.

Comments?

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: Add a messageSummary attribute to various converter and validator

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Add a messageSummary attribute to various converter and validator

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.