Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christian Stocker <ch...@liip.ch> on 2012/04/02 09:15:15 UTC

JMX stats, do they have to be enabled?

Hi

We'd like to have access to JMX stats. I saw this
and

So that looks promising. In the comments there is something about
***
 - stats are disabled by default, this has nothing to do with JMX. If
you want stats, you'll have to enable them, if you want stats via jmx,
enable the jmx support for that Stat object.
***

What do I have to do to enable JMX stats for the metrics mentioned in
those tickets?

Greetings

chregu
--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60

Re: JMX stats, do they have to be enabled?

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

You can find more info about the stats here [0]. Stats are always enabled.

You have to wrap them into JMX beans if you want this info exposed that
way. It is pretty straightforward, for example there are some stats exposed
as json [1], I think related to
JCR-3113<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3113>
.

best,