Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by J S <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/09 23:21:46 UTC

parsing msword docs

Hi,

Complete newbie here so sorry if this is a silly question! I was wondering
about the following message in the crawl.log I have:

050609 221715 fetch okay, but can't parse
http://planet.bp.com/general/aptrix/aptrix.nsf/AttachmentsByTitle/BAKC+10/$FILE/No+10.+Customer+Compensation.doc,
reason: Content-Type not text/html: application/msword

Would my search be more efficient if  turned on the plugin to parse
microsoft word docs? If so, how do I turn the plugin on?

Thanks for any help,

JS.

Re: JavaScript Urls

Posted by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com>.
:)
Thanks for your tip

Regards
/Jack

On 9/7/05, Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> wrote:
> Jack Tang wrote:
> > Hi Andrzej
> >
> > I think javascript-function-and-url mapping is a good solution.
> > Say
> > domainName.javascript:go = http://www.a.com/b.jsp?id={0}
> >
> > "go" is the javascipt function and it contains one param. And
> > "http://www.a.com/b.jsp?id={0}" is the URL template for "go" function.
> > and {0} is the exactly param, it should be merged when "go" function
> > is detected.
> > Now the problem I face is in "go" function the form is submited, and
> > the "action" is "POST".
>
> Wow, that's a pretty old thread... The JS "pseudo-parser" plugin is just
> that - it doesn't really understand JavaScript, it just tries to extract
> urls, and does it with quite high error rate... but still better than
> nothing.
>
> If you want a full-fledged solution that can actually interpret your
> scripts, then take a look at HttpUnit or HtmlUnit frameworks - both of
> which can be turned into Javascript-aware crawlers.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
>   ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________

Keep Discovering ... ...
http://www.jroller.com/page/jmars

Re: JavaScript Urls

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Re: JavaScript Urls

Posted by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrzej

Re: JavaScript Urls

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

RE: JavaScript Urls

Posted by Howie Wang <ho...@hotmail.com>.
I think you have to hack the parse-html plugin. Look in DOMContentUtils.java
in getOutlinks.java.  You'll probably have to look for targets that start
with
"javascript:" and do some string replacing.

Howie

>Hi,
>
>  Anyone here know how to make Nutch read "<a href=javascript(aaa);>" as
>http://www.myurl.com/one.php?id=aaa ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Marco

JavaScript Urls

Posted by lu...@uol.com.br.

Re: parsing msword docs

Posted by J S <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm running the crawl again now with that expression
added in, so it will be interesting to see the results later.

I also changed the protocol to <value>protocol-(http|https|ftp)|parse ....
to try and pick up ftp and https sites as well. However it looks as if https
doesn't work:

050610 082219 fetch of http://my.bp.com/login.do failed with:
org.apache.nutch.protocol.http.HttpException: Not an HTTP
url:https://my.bp.com/password/redirect.jsp

Have I configured this wrong, or Is ssl support not added in yet?

JS.

Re: parsing msword docs

Posted by Santi Gori <ha...@gmail.com>.
first sorry for my english: