Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by William Wong <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/14 09:15:52 UTC

Antlr plugin for sql/catalyst project

Dear all,

I tried to follow the guide at 'http://spark.apache.org/developer-tools.html'
to setup an IntelliJ project for Spark. However, the project was failed to
build. It was due to missing classes generated via antlr on sql/catalyst
project.

I would like to enhance the document to hint other new joiners to run
'build/mvn antlr4 -f sql/catalyst/pom.xml' if hitting missing ANTLR4
classes files. However, Spark's project structure is very new to me. I hope
I did not miss any guideline on spark's documentation about this issue, if
so pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
William

Re: Antlr plugin for sql/catalyst project

Posted by William Wong <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

I just submitted a PR for updating the develop-tools.html. (
https://github.com/apache/spark-website/pull/195). May i know if  you may
help review it? Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
William

Posted by William Wong <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.