Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thierry Collogne <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/02 15:18:20 UTC

How to do a wildcard search in solr?

Hello,

I am trying to do a wildcard search in Solr. In lucene I could pass the
query post* and get all the results containg a word beginning with post.
When I do the same in Solr, it doesn't work. Adding the wildcard gives me
less results, this should be the opposite.

Do I need to configure the wildcard search somewhere, or is this not
supported by Solr?

Thank you.

Re: How to do a wildcard search in solr?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am trying to do a wildcard search in Solr. In lucene I could pass the
: query post* and get all the results containg a word beginning with post.
: When I do the same in Solr, it doesn't work. Adding the wildcard gives me
: less results, this should be the opposite.

can you give us a specific example of wht you are trying to do?   what
query handler you are using, what the request url looks like, what field
you are trying to wilcard on and what it's fieldtype looks like in the
schema.xml.

off the top of my head i have to wonder if you are using the dismax
handler ... it doesn't support wildcards in the "q" param.

-Hoss