Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by imtrick <pa...@hp.com> on 2010/08/02 20:53:21 UTC

Re: Http 505

jgroups wrote:

> Tomcat 6
>
> Our application non-java client (C/Java)  are occassionally seeing
> Http 505. But there is no such error being logged in the tomcat access
> log. Clients are for sure seeing 505 but we are not so I am wondering
> if someone can help me understand why that might be occuring? In the
> response header they see:
>
> Response header: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Response header: connection close

I'm curious if you ever found a solution to your problem.

Since upgrading from Tomcat 6.0.20 to 6.0.28, we're seeing a similar issue,
where URLs that worked fine before the upgrade are throwing 505's to
clients.  If we revert back to 5.0.30, the problem goes away.

Re: Http 505

Posted by imtrick <pa...@hp.com>.

imtrick wrote:

> jgroups wrote:
>>
>> Tomcat 6
>>
>> Our application non-java client (C/Java)  are occassionally seeing
>> Http 505. But there is no such error being logged in the tomcat access
>> log. Clients are for sure seeing 505 but we are not so I am wondering
>> if someone can help me understand why that might be occuring? In the
>> response header they see:
>>
>> Response header: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>> Response header: connection close
>>

> I'm curious if you ever found a solution to your problem.
>
> Since upgrading from Tomcat 6.0.20 to 6.0.28, we're seeing a similar
> issue, where URLs that worked fine before the upgrade are throwing 505's
> to clients.  If we revert back to 5.0.30, the problem goes away.

Oops, obviously I meant that if we revert to 6.0.20, the problem goes away.
Fat fingers.