Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk" <an...@holidaylettings.co.uk> on 2012/01/11 11:07:00 UTC

Image caching problem

Morning all,

We're having an issue with images being cached for too long.

dest_domain=http://resources.mydomain.com      ttl-in-cache=60m

We have the above line in our cache.config file yet images that are being served from that domain are caching for a lot longer than an hour.

The images are all JPG and I'm wondering if using the suffix secondary specifier could help solve the problem?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Re: Image caching problem

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/11/12 3:07 AM, andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> We're having an issue with images being cached for too long.
>
> dest_domain=http://resources.mydomain.com      ttl-in-cache=60m
>
> We have the above line in our cache.config file yet images that are
> being served from that domain are caching for a lot longer than an hour.
>
> The images are all JPG and I'm wondering if using the suffix secondary
> specifier could help solve the problem?

Did anyone look into this? Can you make sure that your origin doesn't
provide Cache-Control: headers which allows it to be cached beyond that 60m?

-- Leif