Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com> on 2001/01/24 13:06:47 UTC

namespaces and serialization

Hi,

did anybody encounter problems during serialization regarding namespaces?
I ask, because I do so.

If I create DOM nodes with the *NS() methods (with namespaceURI != "") and
serialize the document using org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer, there
are no namespace declarations in the resulting XML file. Parsing this file
results in an error because of the missing declarations.
The same happens if I use the SAX interface instead of DOM.

Is this a known behaviour? Do I have to create the needed declaration
attributes by myself? Are there any other work arounds?

BTW, it's Xerces 1.1.3 (I glanced at the CVS, and it doesn't seem as
something like that has been fixed since this version (according to the
CVS comments).)

Thanks,

Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com