Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/04/23 16:45:28 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin: doesn't work from a reactor build

Hi all,

I have an assembly linked into the mvn build lifecycle like below using
the "attached" goal.

When mvn install is run from the assembly artifact, the assembly is built
correctly.

If however mvn install is run from the root pom (ie a reactor build), the
assembly plugin goes through the motions, but the assembly created is
empty.

Does the "attached" goal work in multi-module / reactor builds?

      <plugin>
        <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
        <configuration>
          <descriptors>
            <descriptor>assembly.xml</descriptor>
          </descriptors>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>make-assembly</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>attached</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Regards,
Graham

Re: maven-assembly-plugin: doesn't work from a reactor build

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On Tue, April 24, 2007 3:07 am, Wayne Fay wrote:

> Are you sure Assembly is finding the assembly.xml you've specified
> during the reactor build? I know paths specified in child pom plugins
> sometimes don't work as expected during reactor builds, etc.

I tried to change the descriptor to add the basedir in front of the path
to the assembly, but it made no difference:

          <descriptors>
            <descriptor>${basedir}/assembly.xml</descriptor>
          </descriptors>

> As a test, rename the assembly.xml file to .blah and run from child.
> If the assembly plugin "looks" the same as when executed from the
> parent directory, I'd assume this is what's going on.

Tried this as well, renamed the assembly to something else, and got the
following error:

[INFO] Error reading assemblies: Error locating assembly descriptor file:
/udd001/app/alchemy/development/mx/trunk/alchemy-measure-assembly/assembly.xml

/udd001/app/alchemy/development/mx/trunk/alchemy-measure-assembly/assembly.xml
(No such file or directory)

It's definitely picking up the assembly file in both cases.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure Assembly is finding the assembly.xml you've specified
during the reactor build? I know paths specified in child pom plugins
sometimes don't work as expected during reactor builds, etc.

As a test, rename the assembly.xml file to .blah and run from child.
If the assembly plugin "looks" the same as when executed from the
parent directory, I'd assume this is what's going on.

Wayne