Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adrian Mörchen <ad...@communote.com> on 2012/09/17 13:08:01 UTC

[Imaging] Will version 1.0 ever be released?

Hi,

I think me and possible a lot of others are waiting for a new release on this.
This version has a lot of bugs fixed, features and improvements added. At least a public beta should be available (via Maven).

So, what's holding you back not to release a new version?

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: [Imaging] Will version 1.0 ever be released?

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

> Honestly: the incredibly complex and mostly undocumented process for doing
> a release. There are various incompatible bits in at least 4 different
> places:
> * http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html - is meant to be the
> official Commons release documentation, but it's out of date and the PMC
> rejected my RC2 built with it
> * http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases - a "discussion page"
> * http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus - a "draft"
> * http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html - the
> instructions for top-level Apache projects, which Imaging is not

Add this to the mix:
  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/GillesSadowski/ReleaseMiniHowto

and I also have the same instructions in a text file (together with a
maven configuration file templates, containing the matching sections for the
commands to work). [I wanted to check in those files in the trunk of the
Commons Math project.]

The above intructions are the exact steps which I followed to get the
release accepted. AFAIK, it's the most recent transcript of a working
procedure.

Best regards,
Gilles

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
I think you mean
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.commons~commons-imaging~~~
The project was renamed from sanselan.

Also that is only a monthly snapshot by the looks of it.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [Imaging] Will version 1.0 ever be released?

Posted by Matej Jelovcan <zu...@gmail.com>.
HI.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Please do not hijack ML threads.

Thanks,
Gilles

Posted by Matej Jelovcan <zu...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you I'll try that later.

Yes, the only ones I haven't solved yet are a few dead variable stores in
Findbugs, and the non-use of Nexus for the build (it's apparently mandatory
now).

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Damjan,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [Imaging] Will version 1.0 ever be released?

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.