Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yu Zhang <Yu...@uce.ac.uk> on 2002/09/05 14:56:12 UTC

Not Found (404)/tomcat-3.3a/ trouble with redirecting url

Hi,
 I set a IIS server and a tomcat-3.3a(standalone) in the same machine. and a
web based database application running on both servers. servlets on tomcat
redirect to form pages on iis server by using :
       response.sendRedirect("http://www.sss.com/top/sub/page2.html");
but, sometimes user got error message as below:
       Not Found (404)
 Original request: /top/sub/page2.html
 Not found request: /top/sub/page2.html
 I guess tomcat confused by the url, and it seems tomcat treated the url as
a virtual url.

Could anybody tell me why and what the solution is?

cheers

Yu