Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2013/03/01 17:46:33 UTC

Re: How does Jackrabbit resolve ACL permissions?

hi marian

sorry... you lost me :(
would it be possible for you to pack that information into test-cases,
run them on a standard jackrabbit setup and the provide the feedback
back to list (including the tests).

i hope this isn't too much of a burden for you. but it would
definitely help me understanding what you are struggling with.
your custom login module shouldn't have an impact here. if it does
then there might be something wrong with mapping between principals
in the subject and the principals stored in the AC content (see JCR-3439
for an example that could lead to such a behavior)

the easiest and fasted way to write such test would probably be
to extend org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authorization.acl.WriteTest
- create your users and groups
- user adminSession to create the ac setup
- test for the expected outcome and document your expectations and
   where they are not met.

that class already contains some tests related to the inheritance,
so that give an idea on how to get started.

let me know if that would work for you.
kind regards
angela