Posted to users@camel.apache.org by David Harris <dh...@avum.com> on 2022/10/06 18:40:41 UTC

Shared configurations for service call EIP

The Service Call documentation here:
https://camel.apache.org/components/3.18.x/eips/serviceCall-eip.html#_static_service_discovery
talks about setting a global service call configuration by using the
context.setServiceCallConfiguration(globalConf); method.  However, that
method seems to have been removed from the CamelContext interface starting
with camel 3.0.  The method is still on the DefaultCamelContext class
though, so I feel like I’m missing something.

I’ve looked around to try and find how I should specify a global service
call configuration but I’m not having any luck.  Can someone point me in
the right direction, please?

Thanks

David Harris

Re: Shared configurations for service call EIP

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 7:48 AM David Harris <dh...@avum.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the Info Claus, and for all your work on Camel.  Your Camel in
> Action book has helped me a lot.
>
> Is there a recommended replacement?  We are using a Erueka server for
> service registration / discovery and I'm wondering if Camel has a way to
> hook into it for service discovery.

There is camel-cloud and camel-cluster
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/main/core/camel-cloud
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/main/core/camel-cluster

That has the apis and base implementation for what the Service Call EIP was
using.
And we do not have an Eureka integration out of the box.

All this cloud stuff is becoming Kubernetes dominated and does leave the
other techs a bit as old way / legacy,
and less resources to support and implement.

Camel is very extensible so you should be able to implement a custom
integration with Eureka. Take a look at camel-consul as I assume it would
be something similar you need to do.

> David Harris
> x6016
> 901-562-0929 - office
> 520-248-2193 - cell
>

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 7:03 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Just a heads up that Service Call EIP is deprecated in 3.19 onwards
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/issues/CAMEL-18453
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 1:41 PM David Harris <dh...@avum.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The Service Call documentation here:
> > >

> https://camel.apache.org/components/3.18.x/eips/serviceCall-eip.html#_static_service_discovery
> > > talks about setting a global service call configuration by using the
> > > context.setServiceCallConfiguration(globalConf); method.  However, that
> > > method seems to have been removed from the CamelContext interface
> > starting
> > > with camel 3.0.  The method is still on the DefaultCamelContext class
> > > though, so I feel like I’m missing something.
> > >

> > > I’ve looked around to try and find how I should specify a global
> service
> > > call configuration but I’m not having any luck.  Can someone point me
> in
> > > the right direction, please?
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > David Harris