Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/05/06 06:15:26 UTC

Any documents available on the Scanners

Hi

There are different scanners in HBase.

Any documents available explaining the details on them and what scanner will
be used in what flow ?

Regards

Ram

***********
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

Re: Any documents available on the Scanners

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Over on the regionserver, we'll open a Scanner per file and one for
the MemStore.  We'll then do a merge on all running Scanners to return
results.  Content in files is sorted as it is in the MemStore so the
merge is straight-forward enough running over the results of
Iterations on each individual Scanner.  A Scan runs over a Region.  A
Region has ColumnFamilies/Stores.  A Store has a MemStore and
StoreFiles.  Each in essence implements an 'Iterator'.   Perhaps this
is the levels you refer to?  We don't have doc. of how this works.
You any good at reading source code?

Yours,
St.Ack

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.