Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mike Mimic <pp...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/28 03:39:37 UTC

keytool-harmony fails with Cannot allocate pool storage

Hi!

I have installed Apache Harmony 5.0M10 JDK Debian package (got it from the download page) for 64-bit Linux on my Debian 5.0.2 machine and when I try to run keytool-harmony it outputs this error:

Cannot allocate pool storage: 0x40000000 bytes of virtual memory for code or data.
Error code = 12Aborted

As I have only 1 GB of memory it cannot allocate 1 GB just for itself. Why is this default?

Mike

Re: keytool-harmony fails with Cannot allocate pool storage

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Mike,
Please, use -mx command line switch as a workaround to limit gc memory
allocation and feel free to file a jira issue if you think vm should
limit itself automatically in memory-restricted environments.

Pavel.