Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Peter Janes <co...@peterjanes.ca> on 2009/08/24 18:04:54 UTC

Preventing dependency builds for certain build definitions

I have several build definitions set up which perform builds that don't
change the artifacts used by their dependents.  For example, we run Sonar
builds ("mvn sonar:sonar") on a nightly basis.  After these builds are
executed, all of the downstream projects are triggered because one of their
dependent projects has been "updated".

Is there any way to configure Continuum to ignore these builds when it's
processing Maven dependencies?  I've searched JIRA for an enhancement
request and haven't found anything that seems relevant, so is it something
others are handling in a different way?

--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski