Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 23:08:03 UTC

Customizing Solr For a Certain Language

Hi folks;

I want to use Solr to index any other language except for English. I will
use Turkish documents to index with Solr. I will implement some algorithms
that is more suitable to Turkish rather than English. Is there any wiki
page that explains to steps for it? I mean what are the main parts of a
customized Analyzer. i.e. a suitable stopwords.txt, a stemmer algorithm,
customized tokenizer for that language, customized tokenizer filter etc.
etc.

Which steps should I follow?

Re: Customizing Solr For a Certain Language

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at the main example that comes with Solr? It contains
a specific configuration for Turkish. Perhaps you could try that and
narrow the question to more precise issues?

I don't remember any Turkish-specific discussions, but perhaps
something can be learned from searching for discussions on supporting
Chinese and German languages.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)