Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/11/11 04:11:36 UTC

Re: Saving pipeline output to a temp file...everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask!

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:
> >
> >Why forbid it?  I see no reason to elminate such a useful feature, unspecified or otherwise.
>
> There's been a discussion about this, and we agreed on the fact that he
> semantics of <map:call function> and <map:call> continuation implied
> that it _must_ redirect somewhere using sendPage, sendPageAndWait or
> redirectTo.

I tried to find some relevant discussion. There were many useful
excursions, but here is one good lead:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106780848625753

It looks like there was even a FIXME note in the code, so people
should definitely not rely on other behaviour.

--David