Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Tien Dat PHAN <tp...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/24 08:28:28 UTC

Python.conda env list does not show current active env with asterisk

Dear experts,

With Conda, we can manage python environment on Zeppelin for multiple users. However, we notice that with Zeppelin 0.8.1, even when we have successfully activated one specific environment, when running "%python.conda env list", it does not show the current active env with an asterisk.

Environment List
user1	/home/user1/.conda/envs/user1
user2	/home/user1/.conda/envs/user2
user3	/home/user1/.conda/envs/user3
user4	/home/user1/.conda/envs/user4
base	/opt/miniconda

As we run the same command on terminal, we would see the opposite as the result marks the current active env with an asterisk symbol '*'
Do you experience the same behavior? Is this normal with Zeppelin? If YES, how we can verify which env is currently active with Conda on Zeppelin?

Best regards
Tien Dat PHAN