Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Shults, Benji" <Be...@landisgyr.com> on 2013/04/24 18:58:38 UTC

WSHandler and WSPasswordCallback

Using CXF 2.7.3.

I was about to apply some changes around WSS4JOutInterceptor and wanted to find out first whether it is not recommended for some reason.

Let me know if I should be asking this on the WS list.

I would like WSHandler to pass the requestData to the constructor of the WSPasswordCallback so that I can access that in my own CallbackHandler.

This would be changes on lines 998, 1029, and the constructPasswordCallback() method.

Is there any reason NOT to do this as a general principle?

Cheers,

Benji

Benji Shults
Software Engineer III
Developed Software
Landis+Gyr
Office: +1 952 977 7572
Mobile: +1 763 772 2899
benji.shults@landisgyr.com<ma...@landisgyr.com>
www.landisgyr.com<http://www.landisgyr.com/>
manage energy better

P PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

RE: WSHandler and WSPasswordCallback

Posted by "Shults, Benji" <Be...@landisgyr.com>.
Thanks, Colm.

I was able to solve the problem the way I proposed below and it was not too difficult.  However, after doing that, I found a much easier way to solve the problem at hand and just use WSS4JOutInterceptor as is.  The simpler solution was to make the request context thread-local and figure out what properties WSS4J uses for credentials.

Now that I found the simple solution, I'm a little embarrassed that I was going to such lengths.  :(

Benji

I don't see any major issues with doing that. What kind of RequestData
information do you need in your CallbackHandler?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder