Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ampie Barnard <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 07:06:21 UTC

Jackrabbit JCR over DAV Extensions - Production ready?

Hi All,

I am preparing a proposal for the use of Jackrabbit for a fairly simple,
isolated  document management requirement we have. We are happy that our
functional requirements are 100% satisfied by Jackrabbit, for which I thank
you all.

However, we do have a requirement for significant scaling, clustering and
remote access. From the documentation it would seem that the  JCR over RMI
implementation is not ideal for these requirements, which is why we are
rather considering using the JCR over DAV (with extensions). We would
however like to confirm that this module was intended for production use.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Re: Jackrabbit JCR over DAV Extensions - Production ready?

Posted by Ampie Barnard <am...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! Thanks

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi ampie,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Ampie Barnard <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am preparing a proposal for the use of Jackrabbit for a fairly simple,
> isolated  document management requirement we have. We are happy that our
> functional requirements are 100% satisfied by Jackrabbit, for which I thank
> you all.

that's good to hear, thanks!