Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2012/05/11 04:58:17 UTC

[REPOST] ATS at OSCON 2012

Hi all,

I know quite a few of us are going to OSCON 2012 (in Portland, July 16-20).
I think it'd be a great opportunity to do some fun hacking, sharing
knowledge, and maybe even drinking a pint or ice tea together. So, I'd like
to propose that we try to do some unofficial hacking and sharing sessions
during OSCON. This includes anything from deep core hacking, to getting man
pages, or package distributions in shape. For sure we'll get together
Mon-Tue, and probably also Wed - Fri (in between conference sessions).

In addition to the normal OSCON registration, there will also be free hall
passes. So for those who only come to hack on ATS (and/or other Apache
projects), you will be able to register for a pass at no cost! All
registrations is done directly on the OSCON site. The free hall pass
registration is only open until ~1 month before the conference, so if you
choose that route, register early.

There is plenty of space at the conference, and there is WiFi network of
course. Cisco and Yahoo have promised to sponsor the "hackathon" with some
food, snacks and beverages.

I hope to see many of you in Portland.

Cheers,

-- Leif