Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Arvind Bassi <ar...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/06/10 23:13:24 UTC

Problem with Java Extension Function Namespace

Untitled Document[Sorry about the last post. One of the problems of replying to an email.]

I have been having some problems with the Java namespace for Extension Functions.
When did xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/java"     become the standard for Xalan? i.e. when did xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"     become backward compatible?

On my machine, l get a ClassNotFoundException when trying to call a Java     extension function using /xalan/java. However, l do not get this exception     when using /xslt/java.

Sytem.out of the version of org.apache.xalan.Version class produces:

Xalan = Xalan Java 2.6.0

when using the same classpath as the code which requests a XSLT transformation.     A colleague and l are meant to have the same configuration, but when he runs     the XSLT transformation he is able to use /xalan/java. However, l can only     execute using /xslt/java.

I am away from work at present, but tomorrow l will try to work out the products     that ship with Xalan. Off the top of my head, on our project
    there is:

Eclipse (2.3.1) plugin for xml (we were running our Java code through the   IDE, and so this could have an influence)
weblogic.jar (8.1 Server)

 JDK 1.4.2

Ant (l cannot remember if it is on the classpath)

I reckon the answer to the question above should answer which version must   be on the classpath.

Thanks.

Arvind.

---------------------------------

Re: Problem with Java Extension Function Namespace

Posted by Arvind Bassi <ar...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Morris,

Many thanks, mate.

Arvind.

Posted by Morris Kwan <mk...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Arvind Bassi <ar...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Can anybody from the Xalan development team answer this simple
question?

--- Arvind Bassi <ar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Untitled