Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/06/07 00:29:29 UTC

[Replication] configuration

Hi,

now that the entryCSN and entryUUID schema elements and index has been
added in the server, I would like to extend the configuration to be able
to inject the consumer part of the syncrepl protocol we have in a branch
(replication).

Here are the minimal configuration elements we have to add :
- replica ID : the server ID. It's a DirectoryService parameter.
- providers : a LdapURL. It's used to define the server we will be
connected to plus the search parameters. We may have more than one provider.
- type : refreshOnly or refreshAndPersist
- bindDn : the DN to use to do the search
- bindMethod : the bind method (simple or sasl)
- credentials : the credentials used to authentify the user
- saslMechanism : the list of SASL mechanism to use (if a SASL boind is
requested)

Atm, I didn't add the TLS parameters. It would be interesting to avoid
adding a password in the configuration file, to use a certificate instead.

This should be enough to implement the replication configuration, not
only for the consumer part of the protocol.

FYI, I think that using a LDAPURL instead of many parameters (baseDN,
filter, scope, attrs) is probably better. We could also inject some of
the other potential parameters (sizeLimit, timeLimit) as extensions in
the LdapUrl.

I will try to come with a configuration sample very soon.

thoughts ?

PS : I haven't implemented anything atm.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org