Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2020/09/05 01:21:02 UTC

getting started with ofbiz-rest-impl

Good day!

Good to see we finally have a REST interface in OFBiz, thank you
girishvasmatkar for this implementation!

  I will try to use it for the Growerp.org open source project, a
flutter frontend for currently Moqui.org but also will try to use OFBiz,
yes with this REST interface.

My experience after away from ofbiz for a couple of years and just for
other users getting started email.

OFBIZ install:
==========
i looked how to install ofbiz in the readme.adoc fle , this tells me to
run ./gradle/init-gradle-wrapper for linux
did not worked on my linux system, however ./gradlew init-gradle-wrapper
worked but got stuck at the end...
killed it and then ran ./gradlew cleanAll loadAll and all was fine.

Did not know how to install a plugin, ( a lot changed the last couple of
years that is good!) so i added it to the application folder and updated
the component-load.xml file. that was still the same.

REST plugin:
==========
then I searched for how to get an token after authorization.
These curl commands worked for me: could be added to the READ me file?

curl -X POST https://localhost:8443/rest/auth/token -H "Accept:
application/json" -u admin:ofbiz --insecure

however when i requested it the second time, the token did not change?
shouldn't it? Now i cannot revoke a token?

then tried the services list:
curl -X GET https://localhost:8443/rest/services -H "Accept:
application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer
eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJBcGFjaGVPRkJpeiIsImlhdCI6MTU0NzczOTM0OCwiZXhwIjoxNjc5Mjc1MzQ4LCJhdWQiOiJ3d3cuZXhhbXBsZS5jb20iLCJzdWIiOiJqcm9ja2V0QGV4YW1wbGUuY29tIiwiR2l2ZW5OYW1lIjoiSm9obm55IiwiU3VybmFtZSI6IlJvY2tldCIsIkVtYWlsIjoianJvY2tldEBleGFtcGxlLmNvbSIsInVzZXJMb2dpbklkIjoiYWRtaW4iLCJSb2xlIjpbIk1hbmFnZXIiLCJQcm9qZWN0IEFkbWluaXN0cmF0b3IiXX0.fwafgrgpodBJcXxNTQdZknKeWKb3sDOsQrcR2vcRw97FznD6mkE79p10Tu7cqpUx7LiXuROUAnXEgqDice-BSg"
--insecure

also working fine!

if I have more comments or remarks, i will let you know

Regards,

Hans Bakker https://www.AntWebsystems.com
we specialize in flutter.dev growerp.org moqui.org and ofbiz.apache.org

Re: getting started with ofbiz-rest-impl

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
just a quick question , does it also work with minilang?

  i get
{
   "statusCode" : 500,
   "statusDescription" : "Internal Server Error"
}:
Regards.

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
That being said, I should make the query param mandatory such that it
returns 400 Bad Request "Missing Parameters" to let the client know of the
error.

I will make this improvement and commit soon.

Best,
Girish

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Hans -

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Hans -

POST services will need to have data in the HTTP Body. So, any OFBiz
service (irrespective of engine), that is exposed as POST, you will need to
pass the JSON data in POST body. Here is the corresponding cURL for the
service in question -

curl -X  POST https://localhost:8443/rest/services/ensureNaPartyRole -d
'{"partyId":"admin"}' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept:
application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" --insecure

Please note the use of the "-d" argument. You can also use '--data' instead
of '-d'. It sets the data in the request body.

I am not sure if you have taken a look at the OpenAPI documentation. You
can follow https://localhost:8443/docs/swagger-ui.html and it will show all
endpoints available along with example usage.

All in all, GET endpoint needs service IN attributes specified in a JSON
string wrapped in "inParams" query parameter, while POST endpoint needs
service IN attributes be part of HTTP body in JSON.

Best,
Girish

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Girish,