Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by bijayant kumar <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/29 10:05:48 UTC

svn: is not a working copy

Hello to all,

 I have installed subversion on my gentoo-linux box. All things is working fine. But when i am trying to use it over a network it gives me an error as

svn: 'svn://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk' is not a working copy

i have created a repository on server as :--
svnadmin create /var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos
svn import /tmp/bijayant_svn file:///var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn -m "initial import"
svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk bijayant_svn

and on another machine i checked out like as :-
svn checkout http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk bijayant_svn

cd /home/bijayant/bijayant_svn

and after editing the file when i commit like as :-
svn commit http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk

it gives me an error like

svn: 'http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk' is not a working copy

I can not understand this error, because when i check the logs with commands it shows the output, on the browser also i am able to see my repository an its content.

Plase Please help me regarding this.
Thanks

Bijayant Kumar

Re: svn: is not a working copy

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 29, 2007, at 05:05, bijayant kumar wrote:

>  I have installed subversion on my gentoo-linux box. All things is
> working fine. But when i am trying to use it over a network it
> gives me an error as
>
> svn: 'svn://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk'
> is not a working copy

That's correct... a repository URL is not a working copy...

> i have created a repository on server as :--
> svnadmin create /var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos
> svn import /tmp/bijayant_svn file:///var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos/
> bijayant_svn -m "initial import"
> svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk
> bijayant_svn
>
> and on another machine i checked out like as :-
> svn checkout http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/
> trunk bijayant_svn
>
> cd /home/bijayant/bijayant_svn
>
> and after editing the file when i commit like as :-
> svn commit http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk
>
> it gives me an error like
>
> svn: 'http://srv.kavach.blr/svn/bijayant_repos/bijayant_svn/trunk'
> is not a working copy

Do not specify a URL here. The working copy already knows the URL of
the repository. Just do:

svn commit