Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by xiaoyu wang <xi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 04:20:00 UTC

how to drop/rename a topic

Hello,

I have the following questions regarding topic management.

1. how to drop a topic? does deleting the file directory do the job? is
there any tool to delete a topic?
2. how to rename a topic?  rename the file directory?

Thanks,

-Xiaoyu

Re: how to drop/rename a topic

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Currently, we don't have the direct support to do this. You will need to
change/delete the directory on disk and restart the broker.

Jun