Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/28 12:49:26 UTC

"constructable" velocity engine?

Hi all,

I like to use velocity engine as component in my pico
container. Unfortunately
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine lacks defined
constructors, and has only init() methods.

Could you please wrap those init methods  into public
constructors with same parameters?

Or shall I create nanocontainer-velocity jar
containing only 1 ( in words: one ) trivial class?
( will do it anyway, to avoid code duplication... )

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: "constructable" velocity engine?

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> wrote:
> done
>
> checked in
>
> try it

Thanks Geir, it works. Though you may wish to update
log4j dependency to 1.2.7 ( 1.1.3 does not compile )

And now I'm able to do this:
---%<-----------

   <!--
        properties for velocity renderers
    -->
    <implementation key="velocity.properties"
class="org.nanocontainer.util.ClasspathProperties">
        <constant>

<string>com/infodesire/infobit/render/velocity/velocity.properties</string>
        </constant>
    </implementation>

    <!--
        Velocity component for  rendering
    -->
    <implementation
class="org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine">
        <dependency key="velocity.properties"/>
    </implementation>

And now my pico components in need for velocity engine
get what they need...

regards,

=====

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.