Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Gustav Simon <mg...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/15 17:04:04 UTC

interportlet communication

Hello j2-users,
I know that the interportlet communication is possible in the
PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE.
In my project I have to use more portlet applications and to communicate
with the different portlets.
The interportlet communication works in one appliation only!
How do I share session information between portlets in different portlet
applications?

mg

Re: interportlet communication

Posted by Michael Gustav Simon <mg...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks for the hint to use a message service.
My solution will be to try use all portlets in one application to
communicate between portlet specefic APPLICATION_SCOPE.
A user specefic field resolve the communiction from my own
layout-portlet to the portlet application.

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Michael Gustav Simon z 2006-02-15 17:04 brzmiala:

See this one: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mo197/portlets/portlet_messaging/

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

RE: interportlet communication

Posted by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com>.
put them in the same application ... or else you're pretty much
circumventing the modular, independent application design which is the whole
point of using a JSR-168 portal in the first place!