Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Priest <Ro...@bentley.com> on 2003/09/25 20:53:00 UTC

RE: [OT] RE: How do I config EMBEDDED Tomcat to only service requ ests from localhost?

Ahhh. I see that you even include an example of the RequestDumperValve as
a filter in the tree. cool.

for those interested, this is the statement in the build of the j-t-4.0
tree:

 <!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful debugging information about
           the request headers and cookies that were received, and the
response
           headers and cookies that were sent, for all requests received by
           this instance of Tomcat.  If you care only about requests to a
           particular virtual host, or a particular application, nest this
           element inside the corresponding <Host> or <Context> entry
instead.

           For a similar mechanism that is portable to all Servlet 2.3
           containers, check out the "RequestDumperFilter" Filter in the
           example application (the source for this filter may be found in
           "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters").

           Request dumping is disabled by default.  Uncomment the following
           element to enable it. -->
      <!--
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
      -->