Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ric 2000 <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/18 18:23:03 UTC

SessionAttribute and SessionState is null in onValidate method

Dear Tapestry users,

I face the following problem:
In a page I use a simple bean annotated as SessionState or SessionAttribute
(problem is the same on both).
It is initialized in the SetupRender method of the page and in other
methods, called from within the SetupRender method, the object is in
correct sttae and shows the expected values.
But after a form submit triggered in this page, the SessionState or
SessionAttribute object is suddenly "null" in the onValidate method of this
form.
How did I see that?
The production mode flag is "false", so that I can debug the Tapestry
managed objects. When the onValidate method is entered, the SessionState or
SessionAttributehas still the expeceted state: it is not null and all
properties in it are correctly filled.
But when the object is "touched" the first time by calling a property
getter or setter on it, it is directly "null" and an NPE is thrown when
accessing it.

The framework version is 5.4.3

Do you have any explanations for that? Thanks in advance for your hints!

Regards, Ric

Re: SessionAttribute and SessionState is null in onValidate method

Posted by Ric 2000 <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cezary,
first thanks!
I provided no code, because it is rather straight forward, just an
@SessionAttribute annotated private field, which is a bean implementing
Serializable.
Then this @SetupRender method constructing the bean and filling it's
properties, a form and an onValidate and an onSuccess method. And as I
mentioned the SessionAttribut bean is already in the onValidate methode
null, very strange.
But I will follow your hints and try to figure out whats going on :-)

Regards, Ric

Posted by Cezary Biernacki <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ric,