Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matteo Grolla <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 15:03:46 UTC

how to fully test a response writer

Hi,
	I developed a new SolResponseWriter but I'm not happy with how I wrote tests.
My problem is that I need to test it either with local request and with distributed request since the solr response object (input to the response writer) are different.
a) I tested the local request case
	using SolrTestCaseJ4
b) tested the distributed request case
	using a junit test case and making rest calls to
		the alias coll12 associated to
		a couple of solrcloud  collection configured with my custom response writer

the problem with b) is that it requires a manual setup on every machine where I want to run the tests.

thanks

Re: how to fully test a response writer

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,

I think you can check TestDistributedSearch or other descendants of
BaseDistributedSearchTestCase (I don't think you need to look at *Zk*
tests).

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev