Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aristide Aragon <zu...@busa.lionking.org> on 2001/05/21 00:13:54 UTC

installation problems.

Hello
I was trying to install tomcat 3.2.1 in my system and I got an error.
I followed all instructions in the README file; installed the ant subproject, the servletapi one, jaxp and jsse, but I couldn't install.
First I got an error saying there wasn't an jakarta-ant/bin directory. It indeed didn't exist, so I created it (bur I suppose it should've had files. I only created it empty), the installation advanced more, but finally I got 2 errors:
    [javac] /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1-src/src/share/org/apache/tom
cat/net/SSLSocketFactory.java:245: Class javax.security.cert.X509Certificate not

    [javac] /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1-src/src/share/org/apache/tom
ert javax.security.cert.X509Certificate[] to <error>[].

and a warning

    [javac]         javax.security.cert.X509Certificate[] certChain = sslSocket.
    [javac] Note: 7 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for details.

Can someone help me fix that?
I dowloaded only stable releases of everything to prevent having problems, but I still did...

Aristide Aragon

Re: installation problems.

Posted by Aristide Aragon <zu...@busa.lionking.org>.
I was able to solve the instal. problems I described in this post, however, a new problem surged.
When I start tomcat, by typing $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh I get the classpath printed, and then I get:

FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:117)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:210)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:187)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

What could that be?

I changed the conf. file from port 8080 to port 88, but nothing other than that, and it did give the error before I changed that.
I am starting tomcat as root on a Linux system using JDK 1.3, and the most recent versions of everything tomcat requires (actually I had to symlink directory jaxp-1.1 to jaxp-1.0.1 because it apparetnly is hardwired to that dir name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aristide -hog