Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/07/08 15:53:13 UTC

(Carsten Ziegeler) Re: XInclude/CInclude Issue (Re: including dynamic data withXMLForm)

>Np.  I'm 1/4 cocoon-developer (I've submitted several patches including
>SQLTransformer, ESQL and of course the HSSFSerializer).  I just don't
>happen to fit in because I don't like Avalon too much.
>

>No offense intended ;)

none taken.  Was merely clarifying.

>>XInclude seemed insistent on real Files.  CInclude looked newer and
>>more....avalonistic (which cocoon developers seem to like).  So CInclude
>>started working for me immediately but was including too much.  XInclude
>>didn't work at all (kept trying to find a real file).
>>
>>I can probably merge the XInclude functionality into the CInclude
>>transformer and submit a patch for that if you like.
>>

>I would certainly appreciate that. It seems like you're becoming the de
>facto maintainer for X/CInclude, since noone else is responding at this
>time.

Ha!  Isn't Carsten Ziegler on Vacation?  He's the author IIRC.

Cool, I'll do so.  If you could commit my patch that would help.
 (Otherwise the next patch will be bigger and others
won't have a chance to test the basis).  What I did will still be
relevant, and I'd rather keep the two patches seperate.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: (Carsten Ziegeler) Re: XInclude/CInclude Issue (Re: including dynamic data withXMLForm)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=seminary

(I was deliberately confusing it with seminary) ;-)

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
I'll try to commit the patch ASAP, although I'm totally busy these days.

Is some of the other commiters able to apply this patch?

-=Ivelin=-