Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/11/17 18:09:51 UTC

[repository] relativity theory

Just a note concerning the most recent commit.  There is a problem in
that the current sandbox repository code related to a server side
caching policy is hosed.  I've manged to track things down to the fact
that the apparent remote resource we are accessing is not authorative -
but also that the resource in out classloader is more up-to-date ... but
the current code is not checking for timestamps of classloader resources
which means that either (a) the test case fails because I introduced
some breaking changes that have not been refected via remote resource
caches, or (b) I fudge the code to pull in old resources and the test
cases build (at least until the remote cache undates).  Currently I'm
fudging - but I'm looking into the problem - so if you have problems
building from sandbox/repo - at least you have a clue as to the
immediate issues.

I.e. I figure we have two of three days delay sorting this one out.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [repository] relativity theory

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Have just completed some updates to the repo package that eliminate the
issues I spoke about below. The underlying problem was related to an IOC
violation - basically the implementation was using remotely resolved
data to establish repositories to resolve subsequent data.  I have
removed that code and basically pushing a number of classes to be fully
IOC compliant - which translates to the explicit passing of remote
repositories all the way through the system.  The test cases now pull in
the initial bootstrap content from the local test repository and
everyting is working fine.

Cheers, Steve.