Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Lamine Bourib <la...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/04 12:20:53 UTC

OpenEJB Contributor

Hello openEjb community,

I'd like to contribute to the openEjb community as a Java developer.
How can I start and  in what projects can I participate?

Some words to my experiences Java, J2EE, J2SE, J2ME, JDBC, JNDI, EJB, JMS, Ant, Maven, OSGI, RMI, JUnit, RCP, JSP, Servlet, Php, c/c++, Webservice, Grails, Html, Xml, Owl, Rdf, JavaScript, Java Reasoner, Spring and hibernate.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

sincerely yours
Lamine Bourib

Re: OpenEJB Contributor

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lamine...

    I agree totally with Jacek. But if you want to go into the code
right away, I suggest this task for you

This issue is not so complicated and it will require you to read the
specs which is very good at this stage. I myself away from OpenEJB
development for a while and when I am back I will work on this issue
too for the same reason.

Just few advices on how to work on an issue:

1- Read and understand the issues.
2- When you find an issue that you want to work on, send an e-mail on
dev-list asking to be assigned to you.
3- Start working on the issue.
4- Make a patch.
5- Attach the patch to the issue on JIRA.
6- Send review request on dev-list.
7- Reviewer will commit your changes with a thank you :).

Have fun ;)

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour